Tips on Selling Your House
When deciding to sell your home, you want to make sure you get the most you can for it! The Calloway Group has knowledgeable and professional listing agents that have shared some tips to make sure you do:
- Make sure the lawn is well maintained. Have shrubs neatly clipped, porches and decks are swept clean.
- In highly visible areas, it may be a good idea to invest in new landscaping to give more curb appeal.
- If any, repair broken steps on porches and decks.
- Freshen up the front door with a new coat of paint.
- Put a pot of flowers or another small, attractive touch by the front door.
- Make sure any cracks, nail pops, and visible seams in dry wall are repaired.
- Clean in and around the fireplace.
- Straighten up closets and get rid of excess items. Store out of season clothes so closets will look larger.
- Check ceilings for leaks and leak stains. Fix the cause of damage, repairs ceiling, and then repaint.
- Make kitchen look bright and attractive. Have counters cleaned and cabinets uncluttered.
- Take all papers and pictures off refrigerator.
- If outdated, painting the cabinets and changing out cabinet hardware is a quick and low cost update.
- Make sure the kitchen smells good and there is no trash laying around.
- Have fresh towels neatly folded or hung nicely.
- Clean any stains that may be in toilets, bathtubs, and sinks.
- Replace old caulking around tubs is a quick and inexpensive project that can make the tub seem new.
- Clean mirrors of debris.
- Tighten faucets to ensure they are not dripping.
- Make sure the trash is taken out and that the bathroom smells fresh.
If you or someone you know is getting ready to sell their home, contact The Calloway Group to help!